The Pride Go-Go Sports 3 mobility scooter is rich in features and ready for travel. It has a simple delta tiller for easy, comfortable driving, and it has ergonomic wraparound handles to operate the scooter with one hand and rest your wrist. This scooter is a feather-touch disassembly that is detachable into five lightweight parts for storage or transport. Charging is easy and convenient because the charger port is seated on the tiller, and It has a dual voltage charger so that the battery can be charged onboard or off-board.
This scooter is portable with a modern design that can load 325 lbs. The charger port located on the tiller lets you conveniently charge your scooter. Operate the scooter with one hand and rest your wrist. It will bottom out if you try to take a steep incline or a big speed bump.
- Type: Portable
- Detachable: Yes
- Detachable Pieces: 5
- Wheels: 3
- Weight: 99.2 lbs
- Weight Capacity: 325 lbs
- Dimension: 44 x 25 x 22.5 inches
- Batteries: 1 12V batteries
Feedback and Additional Information
- This scooter is easy to detach and attach. It is also easy to charge.
- This scooter has plenty of power. You can adjust its speed up and down using a dial.
- The base of this scooter is large enough for tall persons. It means that you will have plenty of space for your feet and legs. Don’t forget your pets.
- It is easy to disassemble and load into the trunk of the car. Go wherever you want, and you can easily master the assembly of this scooter.
- This scooter will be bottom-up if you try the steep incline. But once you get used to it it will be easy to operate it.
- Its power unit is detached from the frame. Its battery is the heaviest part of this scooter is about 40 lbs. It means anyone can disassemble it and put it in the trunk of the car. But again, watch out for the battery because it will require enough physical strength.
- The speed control knob is effective for limiting the speed of this scooter, especially when accompanied by pedestrians or on uneven terrain. If you need to ride an incline, high speed is required.
- When it comes to speed bumps, it’s super slow.
- This scooter can be tipped over, so don’t turn sharply.
- This scooter is not waterproof, so bring a plastic grocery bag so, in case of rains, you can keep the panel dry.
- This scooter has a large battery and a high weight capacity. It has a delta tiller, and because of this, you can operate it with your fingers or thumbs.
- This scooter comes with a front basket, charger, and other necessities to operate this scooter.
- As I mentioned, its heavy battery is heavy depending on the condition of the person. Good thing it has a handle on both parts that makes it easy to move around.
- This scooter has two 12v 18 amp batteries in its battery pack.
- It uses AGM, non-spillable and sealed batteries. Not only on this scooter but also other models.
- This scooter has an option for a lithium battery. While other models do not offer it. But not all and only a few. It is because there are reasons why not all models support the lithium battery. One of these is the expensiveness of lithium batteries compared to AGM or Gel types. Since lithium packs are lighter it will affect the balance of the scooter. Most lithium batteries can also catch fire when overcharged or if there is a short circuit in the pack.
- The biggest part of this scooter is its base. It has a tiller attached and a front wheel. Its tiller is foldable. The size of the base is 30 x 20. If the tiller is folded its height will reach roughly 15 to 20 inches in height.
- This scooter already includes an 18 amp hour battery. It is standard and not an upgrade for this model.
- The turning radius of this scooter is 33″.
- If the rider of this scooter is large, the adjustable armrests will stick out an inch or two.
- The width of this scooter will reach 23 inches and will fit in the doors of the house and even outside.
- Its seat to the deck is 17″ to 18″. And its seat to ground is 20.5″ to 22″.
- There is a bag that can be attached to its armrests. The back of the seat has a pocket where the charger can fit.
- This scooter includes 17″ x 17″ standard seating.
- This scooter comes with blue and red panels. You will also have the option to switch from blue to red.
- According to the manufacturer’s website and other supporting brochures, this scooter can go up to 14.5 miles on a full charge battery.
- I suggest charging it for at least 6-8 hours every night.
- For an additional tip, charge the battery for 6 to 10 hours every night.
Pride Go-Go Sport 3
- This scooter is fitting for tight spaces and indoor.
- Its clearance when going over a curb or even at other doorway entries is not that effective because it sits quite low on the ground.
- Its turning radius will reach 33 “.
- This scooter is not for non-smooth surfaces. Grasses can be a hindrance or be a reason to restrain this scooter movement.
- It is easy to maneuver on indoor, outdoor, and smooth surfaces.
- This scooter is designed to support 265 pounds safely.
- The wheel of this scooter is non-marking and flat-free. The tires are 8 “and have a speed of 3.7 mph and a driving distance of 12.4 miles per full battery charge.
- You can navigate to even any smooth surface comfortably.
- It has a weight capacity of 265 lbs.
- This scooter has a top speed of 3.7 mph with a 12.4 miles drive range.
Metro Mobility Compact
- Its throttle control is friendly and for left-handed people and those with limited strength.
- 4.9 mph max speed, the speed can be presented with the dial on the panel.
- To monitor the status of the battery, it has a battery gauge on the front of the panel.
- Scooters with four wheels can operate in tight corners without having to sacrifice stability.
Pride Go-Go Sport 3
- It has feather-touch disassembly in four lightweight pieces (except for the battery).
- This scooter has an updated design and can be detached into five pieces. The heaviest part of it weighs 28 pounds. It is less stable compared to four-wheeled scooters.
- Its frame design has a latching mechanism to easily disassemble this scooter with one hand.
- This scooter is easy to disassemble into four pears for it to be easier to carry.
- It has a foldable tiller and the seat can be removed. Each section can easily fit in the trunk of vehicles of standard size.
- The rear section weighs 29 pounds and is the heaviest part of its four pieces.
- Quickly disassemble into four separate pieces for easy transportation.
- It has a foldable tiller and a removable seat. Each section of this scooter fits standard-size vehicles.
- The heaviest piece is the rear section which weighs 29 pounds.
Metro Mobility Compact
- The heaviest piece of this scooter is foldable and measures 44 “L x 20” W x 17 “H. It is easy to place in the trunk of your car.
- Its M1 model is easily divided into four pieces and easy to transport.
Pride Go-Go Sport 3
- Its charger port is located on the tiller and allows you to charge the scooter conveniently.
- It has a delta tiller with ergonomic wraparound handles, so you can operate this scooter with one hand and your wrist.
- It includes two easy, changeable, blue and red colored shrouds.
- The seat of this scooter is not that comfortable. The back of its seat is not that high enough for you to lean, especially when you are a tall person. Good thing, most mobility devices have such an issue as expected.
- The seat inside is padded, and the width of this seat is 15.75 “. Its backrest provides support and cushioning.
- The seat and rotatable and its height are adjustable to better accommodate more size.
- Its seat has two padded armrests that can be flipped upward and adjusted for more convenient boarding and exiting.
- Its seat is 16.9″ wide and it has light padding. Its backrest is cushioned to provide comfort to the rider.
- The seat is adjustable in height so that it fits the user. It is also rotated to make it easy to exit or board the scooter.
- Its seat has two armrests that can also be adjusted or flipped up for a more convenient boarding or scooter exit.
Metro Mobility Compact
- This scooter has a swivel seat. The seat also has a backrest and armrest. This scooter will give you a lot of freedom so that you can customize it for a more comfortable fit. You can adjust seat height, armrests by flipping up and tiller angle. Due to the adjustments mentioned, it will be easy to transition out and into the scooter. If you are shopping while using your scooter, flipping the armrests of the seat will help you interact more easily without having to leave the scooter or seat.
My take on Pride Go-Go Sport 3
The overall maneuverability of this scooter is impressive. This scooter is lightweight, but it can handle a weight of up to 325 lbs. This scooter is one of the most popular, and ideal mobility devices for traveling especially among people with mobility challenges. Remember that this is a three-wheel scooter, and again tipping over may happen. However, even with that possible danger, still, this scooter is easy to maneuver and effective for tight spaces and for outdoors with mostly flat surfaces as well. It is a good option and even one of the top mobility scooters in some of our top lists.
This review is the product of my in-depth research about the featured scooter. As much as possible I tried not to be biased whether this scooter is a must-have or just another option from a wide variety of choices. The cons and pros are located anywhere in this review. You might fight a lot of pros and cons, however, for me, the pros and cons are still subjective. Some might find cons as not preferable but to some, it does not matter. Every user has their own preferences.
I have all the information you need about mobility scooters. If you want, you can also send me your concern, questions, suggestions, and stories using the contact form here. Now if you want to know our top lists you can go ahead and check them here. For those readers who want to know more about mobility scooters, you can view our wide topics here.