Mobility Scooters cannot be only used for being mobile inside the home but outside as well. Navigating through a sea of pedestrians or feeling the pacific ocean’s breeze from the sidewalk, the possibilities are endless. Knowing what to do with your type of mobility scooter, you can make the most out of it. People should think out of the box without really pushing the limits of the scooter. You can have fun without affecting your health with your scooter.
This Go-Go Ultra X has an updated frame design and can also be detachable into five parts. Its heaviest parts weigh 28 pounds. It is less stable than four-wheel mobility scooters; it is easy to maneuver and has a small turning radius.
The Go-Go Ultra X’s frame design has a latching mechanism to disassemble the scooter with just one hand easily. The drop-in battery box and front-frame mounts on the seat post of this scooter for maximum stability. It has plenty of battery power to go for long rides. The battery can last for up to 10 -15 hours. And it’s easy to put in the car’s trunk, so you don’t need a big carrier for it. It has a weight capacity of 260 lbs which is decent for a three-wheel scooter.
In this review, we will first look at its specifications which are the official release of the manufacturer. Next, I will give my honest opinion. Then I will provide some additional information to answer some questions you have or to cover the broader topic regarding this scooter.
- Type: Portable
- Detachable: Yes
- Detachable Pieces: 5
- Heaviest Pieces Weight: 28 lbs
- Wheels: 3
- Dimensions: 43 x 22 x 22 inches
- Batteries: 2 12V
- Weight Capacity: 260 lbs
- Top Speed: 4 mph
- Drive Range: 6.9 miles
According to the manufacturer, the unit can be disassembled into four parts. But one part of this is the small basket so, in terms of weight, the unit can only be divided into four. The front basket is very small so we recommend the larger back basket if you intend to shop or carry more than a purse.
Although according to the specs, this unit is light, still to some, especially the older ones, lifting it will be a challenge. However, the unit is easy to assemble and disassemble, literally takes less than a minute and no part is too heavy to get into or out of the vehicle.
This scooter is not designed for use on non -smooth surfaces. Tall grasses are able to restrain their movement.
When it comes to battery, it has plenty of battery power to go for long rides. When you test the voltage you can see that it’s fine. I think that it has something to do with the wiring of the battery.
The seat of this unit is not as comfortable.If you are tall, just remember that the back of the seat is not that high enough. However, most of the scooters are like that, so that is expected.
The battery indicator has about 6 bulbs which light from green to red. Its indicator will remain green for a long time. Now when it reaches five bulbs it will suddenly go down to the red bulb. So instead of relying on the battery indicator, be aware of how long you have been using the scooter.
Let me add the horn, what about it? It is too soft. Better add something to call the attention of passersby.
- This scooter has 2 12 V SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) inside its battery box.
- The difference between this and Three-Wheeled Traveler Elite is that the charge port on the Elite is on the tiller and on the battery and this has a straight tiller, not a Delta tiller
- According to the Pride Scooters website, the maximum weight is 260. Also, don’t forget to consider the weight of items you can carry such as laundry or groceries.
- The Ultra X model has a maximum weight capacity of 260 lbs, and the Elite model has a capacity of 300 lbs.
- Turning Radius is 33 “.
- At any distance, this scooter is capable of handling a weight of 200 lbs in 15 mins without overheating its electric motor.
- It will turn in its own length but be careful, tight turns can cause it to tip over.
- That battery pack that comes with this scooter, as with all power mobility scooters has two batteries inside the battery pack The Ultra X comes with everything you need to ride.
- You need to pull the seat straight up. Sometimes this is difficult with one hand. You don’t need to pull the lever to remove the seat.
- It’s smooth and turns into every small area. When you pick up something by the handle on both sides of the scooter do not bend down. It will topple over.
- This unit includes a charging cord and battery.
- When you loosen the knob on the base of the steering tiller the seat will swivel away or closer to the rider.
- You can have two batteries and alternate them, the charger is plugged directly into the battery, not to the scooter.
- It has 8″ tires that are only more effective at operating on man-made and smooth surfaces such as carpet, smooth unbroken concrete, asphalt, and tile.
- The battery pulls straight up, power cord plugs in the under-seat base.
- For a more secure shipment of your scooter, it is recommended that you use a freight forwarder.
- The GoGo Ultra X is a light-duty scooter. And since this scooter is only effective on smooth surfaces don’t try to use it on broken surfaces as it will not have good results. The battery pack is lightweight so when you hit a bump, it bounces up, breaks the connection with the scooter, and the scooter stops.
- When you then plug the charger into a scooter, it will show both green and red lights. It has red indicators that will turn off, and only green will illuminate when charging is complete.
- This unit also has a 12 AH battery option. You would need to upgrade to the Pride GoGo Elite Traveler with the 18ah battery pack to have a more powerful battery.
- The seat has one size, and it does not move back or to the front. It does rotate though.
- You can charge the battery of this scooter off or on it. Remember to attach the cord for charging to the front of the battery.
- The battery pack does weigh 20 lbs. It is difficult to remove, especially when you have not detached the seat first, as it weighs up to 18 lbs. Also, you don’t need to remove the battery pack to charge it. Just make sure the scooter is turned off.
- There are two batteries inside the case. They will last two years on average if you are sure and charge them after every use. When they need to be replaced, you have to replace both with new ones. When your battery runs out you can also bring a spare and swap it with the current low charge battery. All of the LEDs should illuminate from red to the leftover to green at the right. If you don’t get any lights, it indicates that there is some kind of a power issue- battery not charged or not installed properly is the usual cause. When it comes to the elevator, this scooter fits in most elevators and it can U-turn inside the elevator due to its turning radius.
- Each battery pack has two 10 hour batteries. The older the batteries the shorter they will last.
- It does great going uphill. Whether or not you use this scooter, don’t forget to charge it at least once a week.
- As I mentioned, if you attach the charger to the front of the battery you won’t even need to remove it from the scooter.
- The unit is a small low to moderate power unit. It overheats if excess weight or distance is attempted. This scooter is best for indoor usage and not for travel to a store more than roughly ten blocks.
- The seat folds down for disassembly and storage.
- The handlebar/steering column folds down into the space vacated by the seat.
- Don’t forget to remove the key in the keyhole to avoid the possibility of breaking it while it is attached.
- When this scooter is split into pieces, the rear motor or the wheel unit will fit into the base front unit or under the folded steering column to reduce the storage space required. One last thing, the following require more storage space: battery, seat, and basket.
My take on Go-Go Ultra X 3
This is a good option and even one of the top mobility scooters in some of our top lists. However, in all honesty, one of the negative things we can get from this unit is that the charging station is in a very difficult area for an immobile person to get to. We recommend looking for a scooter that a disabled person can reach easily.
There are negatives but overall this scooter is again a good choice for the majority of users. If you want one that will assist you in your travel this is it. Also let me add, full-size and heavy-duty vehicles Scooters can typically carry between 300 and 600 pounds. Some models come with a wagon attachment that allows users to load additional items such as groceries at the shop. Most heavy-duty handicap scooters are equipped with sturdy, flat-free, or foam-filled tires that are ideal for rough or rugged terrain.
These scooters are more robust and last much longer, so you can go for a long trip to the park and then out to dinner without worrying about your mobility scooter breaking down. You can still rely on your sturdy mobility scooter to get you off to wherever you want to go when you need some alone time.
This review is the product of my in-depth research about the featured scooter. As much as possible I tried not to be biased whether this scooter is a must-have or just another option from a wide variety of choices. The cons and pros are located anywhere in this review. You might fight a lot of pros and cons, however, for me, the Pros and Cons are still subjective. Some might find Cons as not preferable but to some, it does not matter. Every user has their own preferences.
I have all the information you need about mobility scooters. If you want, you can also send me your concern, questions, suggestions, and stories using the contact form here. Now if you want to know our top lists you can go ahead and check them here. For those readers who want to know more about mobility scooters, you can view our wide topics here.